Rainbow heart sun catcher
A lovely craft project to do at this time of year which crafters of all ages will enjoy doing is making beautiful Rainbow Heart Sun catchers with tissue paper and glue.
Having the vibrancy of colour of stained-glass windows, this Valentine’s Day craft for is perfect both for home and school.
- Laminating pouches
- Coloured Tissue or kite paper
- Heart Template
What to do:
- Cut up lots of shapes out of tissue paper or coloured kite paper.
- Draw around your heart template onto a piece of card. You could also use a large heart biscuit cutter if you have one. was perfect for this.
- Cut out your heart shape. Then cut out the centre of your heart. It’s good to have a boarder of around 1cm.
- Place the hearts inside an opened laminating pouch and start adding the coloured squares.
- Close your laminating pouch and put it through the laminator. As the pouch comes out put it into or under a hard cover book. This will help it stay flat as it cools down and will stop it kinking.
- When the laminated heart has cooled down, cut out the hearts and stick them onto the window!! They look so beautiful and vibrant!!